TGIF! Friday feed features a variety of articles with no specific category. You'll never know what you could read about next!
by Erin Maloney
1. Your spice tolerance? Sprinkle some sugar on your tongue to cut the spiciness. Coincidentally, sugar packets can be found on tables at just about any restaurant.
2. While traveling, put some dryer sheets in your luggage. This will keep you clothes smelling fresh and clean!
3. To open a difficult pistachio, stick one side of a used shell in the crack and twist to make it pop open.
4. Use Internet Explorer or Safari when streaming Netflix on a computer. Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome only stream up to 720p.
5. To keep your cats and their kidneys healthy, separate their water from their food. Cats don’t like to drink water when it’s close to their meal, so they’ll want to stay hydrated when the two aren’t together.
6. Rub chalk on grease stains and wash as usual to eliminate the stains.
7. Poke an unused cupcake wrapper and slide it up your Popsicle stick to catch the annoying drippings. Enjoy your clean, not-sticky hands!
8. Make up a long (five minute) introduction to yourself and what you enjoy. This will come in handy in social situations and job interviews. You’ll seem more confident and extroverted!
9. If you’re like me and spend hours in the bathtub almost daily, this hack is for you. To keep your water warmer and for longer, take a bubble bath! The bubbles insulate the water and hold in the heat.
10. Don’t have bubble bath liquid? A few tablespoons of any non-toxic liquid dish soap will take you a long way and create lots of bubbles.
11. Instead of telling yourself you might need something while cleaning, ask yourself if you will use it. If you answer honestly and find yourself saying you don’t need it, toss it.
12. If you tend to grow attached to objects, getting rid of them can be very difficult. To make the separation easier, thank each object individually for being of use to you.
13. While packing a lunch, wrap your sandwich in a paper towel before putting it in the plastic bag. This will prevent sogginess and is especially useful for hot, muggy, summer days.
14. To make a quick and cheap air freshener, place a dryer sheet at the bottom of an empty spray bottle. Fill it with warm water and give your house a few spritzes.
15. To make perfume/cologne last longer, rub Vaseline where you’ll be applying the scent.