TGIF! Friday feed features a variety of articles with no specific category. You'll never know what you could read about next!
by Asma Gaba
Welcome to Night Vale is a bi-monthly podcast about the fictional and bizarre desert town of Night Vale. I'm not really a podcast fan, but thank God I started listening to it. And here are 5 reasons why I think you should, too.
1) It’s odd. Cecil Baldwin, the narrator, reports the news of Night Vale. Unexplainable things happen in this city: the arrival of two moons, a glowing cloud that commands the town's worship, a dog park where dogs are forbidden, unknown hooded figures- the point is, Night Vale is weird. The podcast’s content is beyond unique and I have so much respect for the creators. If you have a pull towards strange things, this podcast was made for you.
2) It’s funny. Cecil is a hilarious radio host. The way he delivers the town’s news and adds his own comments here and there will definitely make you laugh. Hearing the things that go down in the Night Vale Community Radio Station is very comical.
3) It’s eerie. Sometimes, the news that Cecil reports is downright chilling. Trust me- a few episodes in, and you'll forget that the podcast is fiction. I legitimately believed there was a faceless old woman living in my home for about half a second Thanks Cecil.
4) The soundtrack. The music the team incorporates into the podcast is perfect. The happy music will have you smiling the scary tunes are sure to induce goosebumps. In the "Weather" section of the podcast, Cecil plays a song. My personal favorites are The Bus Is Late (Waiting For The Bus In The Rain) by Satellite High and i Know This by Rachel Kann. Go give them a listen!
5) The team is amazing. The podcast’s creators are awesome, and are probably the most creative group of people I’ve observed. They've hosted live tours and are extremely active on social media. They've also published a book: Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor.
Trust me; Welcome to Night Vale is worth your time!