TGIF! Friday feed features a variety of articles with no specific category. You'll never know what you could read about next!
by SeoJin Ahn
Koreans are known for their skincare, and green tea has always been a staple in their creams and serums. This cheap, easy-to-do step in my cleansing routine has been the reason why my skin has been clear since middle school, sans hormone-related breakouts that we all get. I learned this from my mom, and this method has been passed down our family for years.
1. Get a large clean bowl and fill it with hot water.
2. Get a cheap tea bag of green tea and put it in the hot bowl of water.
3. Wash your face normally with cleanser.
4. When your face has been washed cleanly, put your bowl of green tea in the sink and wash your face out with the green tea again.
5. Take the tea bag and rub it on your face, taking precaution to not rip the bag and get the leaves all over your face.
6. Pat dry with a towel and moisturize as needed.
Make sure the green tea is not too hot or too cold. Cold water will make your pores close, but we want it to stay open while you put on any moisturizers and acne creams. Lukewarm is what we are aiming for.
Green tea will work the best, but black teas and darjeeling can also help. It doesn’t matter how good the tea leaves are, drugstore bought teas will be fine.
Do this everyday or every two days until your skin is clear again. I recommend using this method every week or two once your skin clears up again.